Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Strawberry Fields

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to call this. It's sort of a combination of a cake, pizza, and scone. I have 4 pounds of strawberries sitting in my kitchen and I thought that a strawberry pound cake would be fantastic. Let's just say that my original intention for this recipe didn't pan out, but it was still heavenly and needed to be shared with the world.

This began as a dessert, and trust me, it's sinfully delicious and can definitely be considered dessert. But it is also healthy and packed with nutrients, so if you found yourself eating it for breakfast, that wouldn't be a problem. I may or may not have had it for breakfast this morning.

Strawberry Scone Pizza Cake:

• 1 C. whole wheat flour
• 3/4 C. sweetener of choice
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. baking powder
•1/2 Tbs. chia seeds
• 1/2 Tbs. ground flax seed
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 3 Tbs. water
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter/margarine/vegan margarine of choice (coconut oil may also work, I just haven't tried it), room temperature.
• 6 strawberries, sliced

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease pan of your choosing. I used an 8" round springform pan.
3. *Step-by-step instructions with pictures below.



Ingredients all measured out. Mise en place.


Add sugar to flour. 


Add baking powder and salt to flour and sugar.


Add chia seeds to the mixture.


Add ground flax seed.


Add vanilla.


Add water.


Mix the ingredients together, until something similar to this consistency is reached. An electric mixer, or hand mixer may work better, I just couldn't be bother to get mine out. I'm lazy, sue me.


Once the ingredients are incorporated, add the butter to the bowl and mix. Once all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add the batter to the pan, spread evenly. Top the batter with the sliced strawberries in any desired pattern. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. 


Allow it to cool before removing from pan.



Slice, serve, and enjoy! Maybe take pictures too. Idk, personal preference!



ENJOY!


XO -B

No comments:

Post a Comment