Tuesday, March 18, 2014

'G' is for Pistachio

I have been M.I.A. for the last little while. Muh bad...

Honestly though? February and March are always insanely busy for me. My birthday is at the end of February, lots of friendsies with birthdays in March, Spring Break (!), midterms, work, blogging, Instagram. It's a wild time up in here.

Anyway! Not trying to make excuses, just explain my absence. I also have some great posts coming soon that I may or may not have developed while celebrating spring break/my roommates birthday in San Diego. It's going to be a good time coming up on the blog. I am also a little more active on my Instagram account when I am extremely busy (like right now), so head on over there for some quick delish recipes that I try to post daily!

Back to the Pancakes.
Because that's obvsies why you're reading this. Duh.

Kay. Here we go!




I'm OBSESSED with pancakes. They're easy delicious and when made right, can be nutrient dense and healthy. Hence why I love them.

I have two beautiful recipe's to share with y'all, but you only get one at this moment in time. But don't fret, the other one is on it's way.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day (which, yes, I know was yesterday.) here are some bomb a**
Dark Chocolate Cherry Chip Pistachio Pancakes. Try saying that five times fast. You're Welcome.



Dark Chocolate Cherry Chip Pistachio Pancakes

Pancake Base (Adapted from Hungry Girl's "Perfect Pancakes")
Ingredients:
1/3 C. Whole Wheat Flour
½ tsp. Baking Powder
1 Stevia Packet
dash of salt
¼ C. Liquid Egg Whites
1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
dash of cinnamon

Directions:
Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.


To make Chocolate Cherry Chip Pistachio Pancakes
Ingredients:
2 tsp. SF/FF Jell-O Pistachio Pudding
1 Tbs. Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tbs. Dried Cherries

Directions:
Add pistachio pudding to the pancake base and mix. You may need to add a little water here and there to 1) get the consistency of the batter right and 2) get the pudding to mix in completely. Once the pudding is entirely mixed in and the batter is at the desired consistency, stir in the cherries and the chocolate chips. 
Scoop (about) 1/4 C. of batter into a preheated pan and cook as normal.
Should yield between 4-6 pancakes.








No comments:

Post a Comment